2013-02-05

InMoov Vision Tracking

Last night I made a test after Grog from MyrobotLab has been improving the service tracking for InMoov.
It works pretty well out of the box, I am always amazed how Grog can do those modifications. The movements are rather smooth. If I move the object too fast, InMoov loses the track, so there is a bit of tweaking to do, but there is solutions.
The movement of the head uses only two servos for now, up/down, left/right. There is another servo (HK15298) for to actuate the jaw, but it isn't actif yet. Then two small servos (XGD-11HMB) will be used for to actuate the eyes/camera. I haven't tried these small servos yet, but they can actuate 3kg at 6V, it should be enough. It means later, four servos will be using PID controlled for the vision tracking. 
We should get further very soon I think.


8 comments:

  1. hi gael it s ambroise nice to see new video ;-) so how many servos motor you use for head
    i ask me if i can use the same programme like you for my head robot
    thank you for you answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ambroise, the movement of the head uses only two servos, up/down, left/right. There is another servo (HK15298) for to actuate the jaw, but it isn't actif yet. Then two small servos (XGD-11HMB) will be used for to actuate the eyes/camera. I haven't tried these small servos yet, but they can actuate 3kg at 6V, it should be enough. It means later, four servos will be using PID controlled for the vision tracking.
    Of course you should be able to use Myrobotlab for to move the head of your robot. Download the latest version and follow the instructions about the service on MRL's site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Gael! I love it! Do you have cameras in both eyes, or only one? I'll be interested in how you program the tracking once the eyes are rigged with servos... maybe the head will move only after the eyes are near the end of their travel? Following that logic, the torso would pan after the head reaches maximum travel, etc. Love to hear your thoughts... BTW, GroG is truly amazing. This project is going to go far, and will be far reaching. Chris (nomasfilms)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is two cameras, but only one is functional at the moment. Yes the idea would be to take relay with the next servo once a servo reaches it's maximum position.
    Thanks Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gael, this project is looking awesome! - definitely making me want to get a 3d printer to join in! Are you thinking of encompassing depth perception with something like the kinect ir combo?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Josh, there is tread in the forum where I explain a bit about that. To make it short, I recently purchased a kinect and will certainly reserve a space on the torso for the use of kinect. Our concern for Grog and I, will be to implement MRL to use it as an extra source of sense added to the eye/camera.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's the cost of an arm in materials? Could I get a fablab printing my out all the parts or will it take long?

    ReplyDelete